Join us in our mission of providing homeless animals with shelter and food while attempting to place them in permanent loving homes.! The work we do is vital, meaningful and rewarding!
The Northern Lights Regional Humane Society is accepting resumes for the following position. Individuals will participate in the day to day animal care and operational practices of an Animal Shelter.
SUMMER ANIMAL CARE ATTENDANT
30 HRS/Week. Wage: $15.00/hr
This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this position, you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age on the start date of the job.
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all duties related to the care of animals (cleaning of the holding areas, assuring that animals receive food and water, basic grooming).
- Cleans all equipment and work areas to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and sanitation. Follows health and safety regulations and protocols.
- Maintain accurate records for animal inventory, health, medications, treatments, procedures and behaviour history.
In addition to the duties listed above, the NLRHS expects the following of each employee: adheres to policies and procedures; performs duties as workload necessitates; communicates regularly with supervisor; and completes other duties as assigned.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 10, 2022
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.