Join us in our mission of providing homeless animals with shelter and food while attempting to place them in permanent loving homes.! The work we do is vital, meaningful and rewarding!
SUMMER STUDENT ANIMAL CARE ATTENDANT
30 hrs weekly, 8 Wks Employment starting July 3rd, 2018. Wage: $13.60/hr
This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this position, you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age on the start date of the job.
- Have been a full-time student during the previous academic year and be intending to return to full-time studies in the next academic year.
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all duties related to the care of animals (cleaning of the holding areas, assuring that animals receive food and water, bathing and basic grooming).
- Cleans all equipment and work areas to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and sanitation. Follows health and safety regulations and protocols.
- Maintain accurate records for animal inventory, health, medications, treatments, procedures and behaviour history.
In addition to the duties listed above, the NLRHS expects the following of each employee: adheres to policies and procedures; performs duties as workload necessitates; communicates regularly with supervisor; and completes other duties as assigned.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 15, 2018.
To apply, e-mail: resume to email@example.com