Join us in our mission of providing homeless animals with shelter and food while attempting to place them in permanent loving homes.! The work we do is vital, meaningful and rewarding!
The Northern Lights Regional Humane Society is accepting resumes for the following position. Individuals will participate in the day to day animal care and operational practices of an Animal Shelter.
ANIMAL CARE ATTENDANT, Casual Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all duties related to the care of animals (cleaning of the holding areas, assuring that animals receive food and water, bathing and basic grooming).
- Observes animals for signs of illnesses or injuries and reports symptoms.
- Cleans all equipment and work areas to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and sanitation. Follows health and safety regulations and protocols.
- Maintain accurate records for animal inventory, health, medications, treatments, procedures and behaviour history.
In addition to the duties listed above, the NLRHS expects the following of each employee: adheres to policies and procedures; performs duties as workload necessitates; communicates regularly with supervisor about issues; participates in fundraising efforts as needed; and completes other duties as assigned.
- Proactive, independent, and organized.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must work well independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Availability for various shifts.
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday required.
- Physical ability to lift and carry 40 pounds regularly.
- Working conditions include working alone, working outside in varying weather conditions and frequent interruptions.
- Drivers’ license and own transportation required.
Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate found.
Interested applications can send resume to:
Northern Lights Regional Humane Society
Box 481, High Level, AB T0H 1Z0
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the NLRHS Animal Shelter, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.