Join us in our mission of providing homeless animals with shelter and food while attempting to place them in permanent loving homes.! The work we do is vital, meaningful and rewarding!
Animal Care Attendant – Casual/On-Call
NLRHS is seeking a casual/on-call Animal Care Attendant with the flexibility to cover shifts. When applying please state your availability in your cover letter.
● Maintain clean and sanitary conditions in all areas where animals are housed and provide humane, fair, and equal treatment of all animals under care
● Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work environment in all areas
● Daily cleaning, spot cleaning, and disinfecting of assigned kennel areas as per cleaning guidelines
● Provide proper food amounts/types, water to all shelter animals as per animal feeding and care guidelines.
● Observe the animals for signs of disease, injury or behavioural problems
● Assist with the movement of animals through the shelter and maintain proper records
● Transport animals to and from vet appointments
● A genuine concern for the welfare of all animals
● Proficient animal handling skills
● Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required
● Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both orally and in writing
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office
● Physically capable of lifting up to 40 lbs.
● Physically capable to perform repetitive motions of reaching, squatting, bending
● Drivers’ license and own transportation required.
Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate found.
Please apply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an
Interview will be contacted.